This keto oven fried chicken is a delicious and easy way to get your protein and fiber fix without having to worry about the carbs. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover chicken from your other meals.
Looking for a delicious and keto-friendly fried chicken recipe? Look no further than this keto oven-fried chicken! This recipe is simple to follow and yields delicious results every time. Not only does this recipe taste great, but it’s also low in carbs and calories, making it the perfect Eid feast dish!
What is an Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
Oven-fried chicken is a dish that is typically made by coating chicken in a mixture of eggs, breadcrumbs, and seasonings, and then baking the chicken in a preheated oven. The dish can be served with a variety of sauces and side dishes, such as mashed potatoes or gravy.
This amazing Keto Oven Fried Chicken Recipe is perfect for those who are on a ketogenic diet or just want some delicious chicken that is not fried in oil. The recipe is very simple and easy to follow, and it yields perfect chicken every time. You can enjoy this chicken dish with your family or friends, and it will definitely be a hit.
Why Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
- Oven-fried chicken is the perfect comfort food that can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- It is simple to make and the chicken stays moist and succulent even after being fried.
- You can pair it with any type of dipping sauce or vegetables of your choice.
- It is versatile and can be made with any kind of chicken that you have in the fridge.
- You can use either a shallow or deep fryer for this recipe, and either vegetable oil or chicken oil for frying.
- The only essential ingredient that you need for this recipe is salt.
- The coating gives the chicken a crispy and golden crust, and the spices give it a delicious flavor.
- It is best served with a side of your favorite dipping sauce.
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
However, some common ingredients that are typically used in this type of chicken dish include flour, salt, pepper, paprika, vegetable oil, and chicken broth.
There are many different ways to make oven-fried chicken, depending on what you prefer. Most recipes call for a combination of flour, salt, pepper, and vegetable oil. Other ingredients may include milk, eggs, and bread crumbs. Some variations also call for lard or bacon grease.
Some tips for making great oven-fried chicken include using fresh or frozen chicken, batter that is thick enough to coat the chicken evenly, and hot oil or fat in the oven.
- One 12-inch skillet
- One cup of all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of paprika
- One teaspoon of black pepper
- Two tablespoons of oil
- Two cups of chicken broth
- Two cups chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Two cups of all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of paprika
- One teaspoon of black pepper
Here’s a simple oven fried chicken recipe that you can follow to make perfect poultry every time:
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- In a shallow bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, salt, paprika, and black pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through, stirring occasionally; remove from heat to drain any excess oil.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together broth and 2 cups of the flour mixture; set aside until needed later on in the recipe.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and add the remaining 1 cup of flour; stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles gently.
- Add chicken broth mixture to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Place chicken in a baking dish or casserole.
- Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with reserved flour mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbles gently when shaken.
The benefit of Keto Oven Fried Chicken
- Keto Oven Fried Chicken is a healthy and nutritious meal that is perfect for those on a keto diet.
- It is a low-calorie and healthy way to enjoy your food.
- The chicken is coated in a keto-friendly batter that gives it a golden hue and a crispy texture.
- It is perfect for those who are on a keto diet or simply want to enjoy a hearty and delicious meal.
- It is low in carbs and calories, making it a great option for weight loss.
- Keto Oven Fried Chicken is also cholesterol-free, meaning that it doesn’t have any cholesterol-raising effects.
- It is also high in protein and healthy fats, which makes it an ideal meal for those on a keto diet.
Tips for the Best Oven Fried Chicken
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit before you start frying the chicken.
- Soak the chicken in buttermilk for 30 minutes before frying.
- Use a non-stick skillet to fry the chicken and avoid using too much oil.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder before frying.
- Chicken should be fried until golden brown and cooked through.
- Heat the oil until hot and then add the chicken breasts.
- Fry the chicken until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Is fried chicken OK on keto?
On one hand, there are people who believe that all fried foods are bad for keto. On the other hand, there are people who believe that some fried foods are OK on keto. The truth is, it really depends on the type of fried food and how much it contributes to your overall net carb intake.
Generally speaking, foods that are high in carbs (such as bread, cereals, rice, etc.) should be avoided on keto. That said, some people believe that certain types of low-carb fried foods (such as chicken) are safe to eat on keto. It all comes down to how many carbs the food contains and how many of those carbs you’re willing to eat in order to stay on track with your keto diet.
Does Oven Fried Chicken have carbs?
The carb content of different foods will vary depending on their carb content, preparation method, and ingredients. However, generally speaking, most oven-fried chicken products are low in carbs and can be a healthy alternative to other fast food options.
How many calories are in a serving of oven-fried chicken?
A single serving of oven-fried chicken typically contains around 190 calories. This is a relatively high amount, so it’s important to be mindful of how much you’re eating and make sure that you’re reaching your daily calorie goals.
If you are trying to lose weight or control your blood sugar levels, then it may be difficult to consume this many calories in one sitting. In order for the poultry to be crispy on the outside and moist on the inside, it needs plenty of oil and butter. So while each piece of chicken will contain an equal amount of calories, making them all equally unhealthy would not be ideal.
What should the oven be on for chicken?
Generally, the oven should be set to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for chicken. However, this varies depending on the type of chicken you’re cooking – legs and thighs tend to cook faster than breasts, so you may want to adjust the temperature accordingly. Make sure to follow the recipe’s instructions carefully, and don’t forget to test the chicken in advance by cooking a small piece at a time to ensure that it’s cooked through.
Is it better to bake chicken at 350 or 400?
What’s important is that you follow the baking instructions that come with your chicken, as these are usually based on the temperature your oven reaches. So, if you’re baking chicken at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, make sure to bake it for the specified amount of time.
As for the taste – well, that really depends on what you’re looking for! Baking chicken at either of the two temperatures will produce crispy skin and juicy meat, so it’s up to you which one you prefer.
Can you cook chicken with olive oil?
Yes, you can cook chicken with olive oil. However, if you want to achieve the best results, it is important to follow a few tips:
- Start by heating your olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add your chicken breasts and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- When your chicken is done, remove it from the skillet and serve on a bed of rice or steamed vegetables.