Looking for a delicious and hearty soup recipe that’s keto-friendly? Look no further than keto Italian sausage soup! This soup is perfect for those colder winter days, and it’s chock-full of delicious Italian flavors. Plus, it’s easy to make, so you’ll be able to enjoy it anytime you want.
What is Sausage Soup?
Sausage soup is a type of soup that is typically made with sausage, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, and barley. It is often simmered in a large pot for hours or even days on end. The flavor of sausage soup can vary greatly depending on the type of sausage that is used. Some versions are intensely savory while others are milder.
How to Make Italian Keto Sausage Soup
Kitchen items you’ll need:
- soup pot or Dutch oven
- cutting board
- 1 lb. of Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cups of chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream or half and half
The oil should be heated over medium-high heat in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Cook the sausage until browned and cooked through about 10 minutes. Bring the chicken broth to a boil along with the herbs. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and cream and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot!
Benefits of Italian sausage soup
- Soup is a go-to meal for many people in the colder months, and Italian sausage soup is no exception. This hearty bowl of deliciousness is rich and comforting, perfect for cool weather days or when you’re feeling sick. Plus, it’s easy to make at home so there are few excuses not to indulge!
- Italian sausage contains plenty of flavors thanks to its mix of herbs and spices, as well as meaty bites that will fill you up without being too heavy. In addition to being healthy overall, this soup also boasts numerous health benefits specific to Italian sausages. These include providing a lean protein source that can help with weight loss or muscle gain; maintaining blood sugar levels throughout the day; helping improve heart health because of its cholesterol-lowering properties; and reducing inflammation due to antioxidants present in the sausage.
- So whether you’re looking for an easy recipe that will keep you warm all winter long or some serious health perks from your next bowl of soup, Italian sausage soup should definitely be on your list!
What to serve with keto soup?
- You can serve keto soup with bread or crackers to dip in.
- Some keto soup toppings that you can try are avocado, cheese, sour cream, and chives.
- You can also make keto soup into a meal by adding some cooked chicken or fish.
Is Italian sausage good for keto?
There are many factors involved. For example, what type of sausage is it, how much fat is in it, and so on. Ultimately, the answer to this question would depend on your specific diet and goals.
That being said, some people do believe that Italian sausage is a good choice for keto because it is high in protein and low in carbs. If you’re looking for something tasty and nutritious to add to your keto diet, Italian sausage may be a good option for you.
How many carbs are in sausage soup?
While there is no definitive answer, sausage soup typically contains a decent amount of carbs. Serving sizes of 2 cups (500 ml) can contain around 20 grams of carbs, so it’s not unreasonable to say that it is mostly composed of carbs.