One of my favorite Chinese dishes is keto honey walnut shrimp. It’s sweet and salty, with a hint of sweetness from the honey and crunch from the walnut, and a kick from the green onion and sesame oil. It’s a dish that I crave sometimes. I’ve been looking and looking for a keto version of it. Here is a keto honey walnut shrimp that is crispy, crunchy, sweet, salty, and absolutely delicious.
Sometimes, you just want a meal that’s light, crunchy and so flavorful that you can’t stop eating it. This keto honey walnut shrimp is just that. The candied walnuts give the dish a perfect crunch, and the crispy fried shrimp are tossed in a creamy sweet mayo sauce. It’s one of my favorite keto Chinese dishes to order from restaurants. If you’re looking for a dish that’s lighter and healthier, then this dish is for you. It is low carb, keto-friendly, and tastes amazing.
What’s Keto Honey Walnut Shrimp?
Keto Honey Walnut Shrimp is a delicious and healthy dish that is ideal for those looking to lose weight or manage their diabetes. It is made with shrimp, keto honey, walnuts, and garlic, and it is low in calories and carbs. It can be served as a main course or a side dish.
Keto honey walnut shrimp is a ketogenic shrimp dish that is high in healthy fats and low in carbs. It is made by coating skewers with a keto honey and walnut mixture, then cooking them over medium-high heat. The shrimp cooks quickly and evenly and is delicious served with a side of steamed vegetables or a salad.
- Chopped walnuts
- Sugar-free honey
- Swerve brown sugar
- whipping cream
- Chopped green onions
- Almond flour
- Sparkling water
- Salt to taste
- 2 large eggs
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Garlic powder
How to Make Keto Honey Walnut Shrimp
Making keto honey walnut shrimp is a quick and easy way to get your keto diet on track. The shrimp are coated in a sweet and salty keto honey sauce and then topped with crispy walnut pieces. This dish is perfect for a quick and easy dinner, or as an appetizer that you can enjoy while socializing.
Making keto honey walnut shrimp is a simple, straightforward process that is sure to please even the most discerning palate. Here are a few tips, however, that should help you get started:
- Start by boiling some water and adding the shrimp. Once they’ve settled to the bottom of the pot, turn up the heat and cook for 3-5 minutes until they’re pink and cooked through.
- While the shrimp are cooking, prepare your honey walnut sauce by mixing together chopped walnuts, honey, paprika, sriracha sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Once the shrimp are cooked through, remove them from the pot and let them cool slightly. Then, chop them into bite-sized pieces and add them to the honey nut sauce. Serve warm or cold!
The benefit of Keto Honey Walnut Shrimp
There are some benefits to keto honey walnut shrimp, including:
- It is a healthy and delicious meal option that can be enjoyed by all.
- It is low in carbs and calories, making it an ideal option for people who are trying to lose weight or manage their blood sugar levels.
- It is a sustainable food source that can be used over and over again, without having to be stored or refrigerated.
- It is easy to make and doesn’t require much time or effort on your part, making it a great choice for busy people.
Can you eat honey walnut shrimp on keto?
Yes, you can eat honey walnut shrimp on a keto diet. Honey is a great source of sugar that will still allow you to follow the keto diet guidelines. Walnuts are a good source of protein and other essential nutrients, so they will still be included in your diet.
Does honey walnut shrimp have sugar?
Honey walnut shrimp do not have sugar sacs like other shrimp. Sugar sacs are present in shrimp for the purpose of storing glucose for energy and as a food reserve. Honey walnut shrimp are believed to feed on other invertebrates, including insects, so it is possible that they do not require sugar in their diet.
Is shrimp good for ketosis?
Generally, shrimp is considered a healthy food option for ketosis. It is low in calories and has a high level of protein, which makes it an excellent source of energy. Additionally, shrimp contains vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for ketosis.
How Does Costco make Honey Walnut Shrimp?
Costco makes their Honey Walnut Shrimp by first coating the shrimp in a solution of baking soda and water. This solution helps to remove any exterior dirt, dust, or contaminants from the shrimp. The shrimp is then dipped in a honey and walnut mixture, which gives it a crispy exterior and a sweet and nutty flavor.
How do you reheat honey walnut shrimp?
Reheating honey walnut shrimp can be done by either baking or microwaving. Baking is the easiest and safest option since it doesn’t expose the shrimp to unnecessary heat. To bake honey walnut shrimp, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place shrimp on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes, or until pink and cooked through. Microwave is a quick and easy option, but it’s not as safe as baking. To microwave honey walnut shrimp, place them in a microwavable dish and cook on high for 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through.
Are walnuts and honey good for you?
There is some debate over whether or not walnuts and honey are good for you, but the majority of experts agree that both have a number of health benefits. Here are some of the reasons why you might want to add these two foods to your diet:
- Walnuts and honey are high in antioxidants – Both walnuts and honey are high in antioxidants, which help to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are harmful molecules that can cause inflammation and damage to cells.
- Walnuts and honey improve blood sugar levels – Walnuts and honey contain compounds that help to improve blood sugar levels by helping to lower blood sugar levels after meals. This can help people with diabetes manage their blood sugar levels better, and it may also help people who have diabetes prevent or delay the onset of diabetes.
- Walnuts and honey have weight loss benefits – Several studies have shown that people who eat walnuts and honey tend to lose more weight than people who don’t eat these foods. This is likely due to the high quantities of antioxidants in both walnuts and honey, which help to reduce fat storage in the body.
- Walnuts and honey may help prevent heart disease – Both walnuts and honey contain antioxidant compounds that may help prevent heart disease by protecting the arteries from damage. Additionally, walnut oil has been shown to reduce bad cholesterol levels in the blood, while honey has been shown to reduce bad LDL cholesterol levels.